Orlando Construction Dispute Lawyer Advocates for Property Owners, Developers and Contractors
Central Florida attorney effectively litigates and resolves building conflicts.
As the population of central Florida expands, there has been an increased demand for housing, storefronts and office buildings and, accordingly, for new construction. Unfortunately, legal disputes can get in the way of completing development projects. At The Florida Lawyer in Orlando, we work determinedly for successful outcomes of construction disputes on behalf of a wide range of clients.
Helping and dealing with a variety of parties in construction disputes.
Construction projects can be fertile ground for a variety of legal conflicts to arise. We are experienced in handling complex business litigation and alternative dispute resolution, representing:
- Property owners and developers — As a project progresses, property owners and developers can run into a host of problems requiring prompt resolution, such as construction delays, payment demands and finance issues.
- General contractors — Alleged construction defects and disputes over entitlement to payment can put general contractors at odds with property owners, developers and subcontractors.
- Subcontractors — Disputes can arise between general contractors and subcontractors in charge of specific aspects of a project, which may impact property owners and developers.
- Suppliers — Construction material suppliers might need to sue for payment or to defend themselves against allegations that their products are defective.
- Lenders — Construction projects are financed largely with loans from banks and other sources. The parties involved might need legal help in financing the project or in overcoming a lender’s resistance to advancing funds.
- State and local governments — Legal assistance is often required in obtaining necessary building permits, zoning approval and environmental regulatory requirements and in complying with governmental requirements for public projects.
Whatever your role in a construction project, we are ready to help you deal with the legal disputes you face along the way.
Litigating and resolving construction disputes
Our firm is adept at litigation and resolution of complex construction disputes, such as:
- Construction defects and warranty and workmanship claims — If the owner isn’t satisfied with the quality of work, litigation can arise over allegations of negligent construction and workmanship or of breach of express or implied warranties.
- Non-payment disputes and mechanics’ liens — If the owner or developer is unwilling to pay the general contractor on schedule or the latter is unable to pay a subcontractor, it can lead to construction delays, litigation and the assertion of mechanics’ liens against the property.
- Homeowner claims — Construction defect claims by homeowners are subject to the Purchaser’s Dwelling Act, which sets out dispute resolution procedures to be followed prior to filing a lawsuit. We represent contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and other professionals in settlement negotiations aimed at avoiding litigation.
We also pursue optimal results for our clients in such matters as breach of contract, fraud and misrepresentation, insurer disputes and lender deficiencies in litigation, arbitration and mediation.
Contact a dedicated Central Florida construction dispute lawyer
Clay Parker, Esq. represents Florida companies in all types of construction disputes. Please call 407-216-2504 or contact us online to schedule an appointment at our Orlando office. In cases related to civil or business litigation, we offer a $50 initial consultation.